Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some of the entertainment of being ADHD

Being ADHD is one of those unique experiences that it's difficult even to describe unless you have it. I can understand why so many people are skeptical. However , it's very real. And, at times, very entertaining.
As I work with people who aren't ADHD I see the differences between us. It's the little things really.
For example; it's the fact that I monitor one of my classes by sliding around in an office chair and using the desks for leverage rather than walking. It's in the fact that I'll sprint up stairs or run a block just because I get bored walking, that I ride a bike quickly because even a bike seems too slow.  It's in the way I forget almost everything once before I remember and and loose my trains of thought almost as often as I have entire trains of thought. It's in my fidgetyness and up-and-down-ness and emotionalness and my quirky jokes and that I'm the only one who colored my name tag.

Still, I like to think that those things make me stand out and aren't too annoying. I managed to get my job done and get to work on time. And that, to anyone who knows me, is an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment