Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Lucky day

Do you ever have a day where you just go "today is a lucky day"? Well, I'm having one of those days. Now I don't have a lot of days like those, but then, I don't suppose I need them. Perhaps I simply don't have a lot of 'unlucky' days. Anyway, I was at the grocery and they had organic milk. At Meijers! Then I was in the check-out line and the woman in front of me let me go in front of her.

Then I got pulled over for running a red. I really did think the yellow would last longer and I'm not prone to running reds. It was kind of ironic because I was thinking "wow, I'm becoming a real kentuckian...crap, those lights are for me aren't they?" I was, like, 100 yards from my parents' house, too.
Aaaand, he let me off with a warning.
O_o !!!!
Did I mention the cop was kind of cute?

And he let me off with a warning.

"ma'am, do you have any guns or weapons in the vehicle."
"...I don't...know. See, my father's an ARMY chaplain so he may have left one in here."
"...it's ok ma'am."
...
"Ma'am, have you ever had a ticket before?"
"*gulp and squeaky voice* no..."
"well, make sure not to get one."
O_o
"Where were you going by the way?"
"erm...McDonalds?"
"Don't run the red next time, a BigMac isn't worth $150."
"ok. Thank you. *drives off, parks, and bawls in relief*"

I bet I could run in front of traffic today and not get hit. It would have been a good day to invest in the stock market.

I needed a day where things went unexpectedly well. Living has taken on an air of dieing recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment