Monday, April 1, 2013

New Computer and Some New Goals

So, my other computer died on the day I got this new computer. That is, yesterday. So, I have a new doorstop and a new laptop.

I have some goals for this new computer. First, I want to keep it as pristine as possible. Only the most neccessary programs (eg, Word, iTunes, my GPS updater, minesweeper...). I'm going to seriously reconsider whether I should do any of the "fixing" updates that Windows was always doing on my
old computer. I think it may just slow things down. I also want to continue to back everything up and/or save everything on my external hard drive.

Also,  I don't want to go to Yahoo on this computer. I don't want it in my computer history. I don't want it anywhere. It's a trash site. It's like the Enquirer of online sites. Except it's taken seriously. It's like US Weekly, the Enquirer, and the New York Times had a disgusting mutant internet baby. That baby is Yahoo.

And, the Yahoo comments section mostly makes me lose my hope in humanity. I gave up television because it was a negative and time-sucking influence on me. I plan to do the same with Yahoo.

My other goal is to go to the store and buy a real physical journal. One just for journaling, not writing story ideas or taking notes or writing directions or shoping lists, though those are all good things. That's because I want to be free to write non-incriminating stuff on this blog and I find it very hard to only write some things. Like speaking, I want to write everything. Everything is going to come out at some point, so I have to filter where certain things go. And, since blogger doesn't let me limit my viewers (that I know of, tell me if I can), and I'm too lazy to write on three blogs (also, can't even remember the last time I wrote on LiveJournal; got tired of everyone talking about the communities and having no idea how to get into the "in" groups), this will be perfect. I can write all the angsty stuff on paper, aka secret, when I'm in the angsty moment, and then I can write the less angsty stuff here, where the world will read it. Yay for solutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment