Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter '13

Happy Easter everyone.
Easter is definitely my favorite holiday. I love the preparation. 40+ days of fasting culminates in a lot of excitement about Easter!

Should I ever have the opportunity to celebrate Easter in my own fashion, rather than following my parents' interestes, I will make it into an all day event. Palm Sunday will be celebrated. Good Friday will not be skipped. The meal will be savory and wonderful, full of variety. There will be eggs painted. I will find other activities, too. Music will play in the background. It will be awesome.

A celebration befitting the day we commemorate what it is that makes Christianity special.

____________________________________________________________________________

The day itself was very nice. I managed to get to the 9:15 service (though, sadly, I missed the music) and sat with my community group. I like sitting with them, and where, before, I thought I would never want to sit with a group or participate in church as a social event, I can definitely say that it feels nice to sit with and worship with people who I know, and like, and trust.

The sermon was very good. And, it was then that I realized whe music and sermon were short; baptistms!

Wow, to be baptised on Easter. Intense.

Then to the parents for supper (dinner? lunch? the afternoon meal?) and later to home.