Friday, March 29, 2013

I...got in!

Today I found out that I was accepted to the Art Therapy Graduate program at George Washington University. I had been trying to get a hold of them. Apparently, they'd been trying to get a hold of me, too. I was told that my UofL email wasn't working (why do I feel like that has happened before? but I even looked it up on the UofL system to double check...).

Well, I finally got that email, and they accepted me!

Of course, I'm saying yes.

Guess I'll be in D.C. sometime soon.

I can't wait to become an art therapist.

I'm definitely finding I need to shift my plans. Since I hadn't heard back from them I'd, reasonably, started to make plans in my mind for attending EVMS. I imagined what kind of housing I could have, looked up where grocery stores were and how to get to the beach, considered the likelihood of dating a bright eyed doctor. Now I get to make new plans, have new ideas.

In the end I was accepted by 5 schools, which is shocking to me, even now. Pleasant, but shocking.

I am grateful that I have learned to try my best and not give up, even if I have not yet learned to expect a positive outcomes from it. I'm glad I tried, I'm glad I didn't give up.

I feel a bit light headed. Nervous and excited to start this new turn in the path of my life.

_____________________________

For the record: both EVMS and GWU appear to be great schools. Both have excellent teachers and a good history and both are well connected with the local military. Both appear to have great internships. I was impressed with all the professors and thought they all asked very good very challenging questions. I think, however; that GWU (and DC, by extension) seemed...really nice. I left kind of feeling like "yeah, I could go here. I could live here."  So, while both schools seemed very nice (and I want to give a shout out to Springfield, which also seemed quite nice), and of a very high quality, and I don't want anyone to think that one is better, I just think D.C. is probably better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment