Saturday, March 9, 2013

Dreams for Daughters

Right now I am single...

But I hope that one day I have a daughter.

I hope I have a daughter so I can teach her how lovely it is to love God. I hope I have a daughter so I can teach her that the love of a man is wonderful but loving the Father lasts forever. I hope I have a daughter so I can teach her that there is vanity in all the beautiful wonderful things of this life, except for loving God. I hope I have a daughter so when the world tells her she must be more and must be less and must have a man who feels strongly for her in order to be complete, when her friends run after flags in the wind and none of the texts or videos or advertisements she sees make her any happier for seeing them, when she's not sure who she is and just wants to be loved, that I can teach her that she is whole and complete and loved and lovely above all else in God and that when she puts him first she won't have to be desperate for the things of this world because every good thing she experiences will just be icing on the cake.



I hope I have a daughter.

And if I never do, I hope I live like she's learning from me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment