Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review of Star Trek Into Darkness



I'll get right to the point. 
This movie kicks ass.

(warning: spoilers ahead)
I really enjoyed Star Trek Into Darkness. It has just enough cheese, and some very good acting. Both Pine and Cumberbatch, wow, they killed it. 

I didn't feel the movie was too long. Rather, I felt like it was too short. 

This movie has the thing that makes all great movies and television shows amazing; the ability to ignite people's imaginations. 

I liked the whiz and bang of the movie, though I would have liked to see a little more heart between the secondary characters.

Also, the humor was good, very good, and much needed in the midst of what could have become a very dark film. Because the truth is, Khan was always a bad guy and a good guy. The villain you love, and Cumberbatch did a great job portraying that. The humor did a great job of cutting that angst. 

Otherwise, I was surprised at the amount of emotion Spock showed at Kirks death, particularly the tears, since at this point they've only known each other for a few years. In the previous Khan movie they'd been friends for more than 15 years. So, with that in mind the tears felt premature. Also, did they do his ears differently? 

I would have liked to hear some kind parting words from Pike to Kirk, and I was surprised that Spock didn't impart them.

Aside from that, I have no complaints. 

This movie is definitely one of the few that will make it to my dvd collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment