Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Had an odd dream last night

Well, for the record, most dreams are odd.
My dream went like this: I was leaving Korea to go to Ireland. I had made many friends in Korea and they all kept wanting to do last minute things with me, promising they'd help me get my flight (I hadn't booked it yet, it seemed more like getting a bus ticket than a flight) an get there on time, but I hadn't even finished packing, because people kept wanting to do things with me. Most of my friends seemed to be male. There was even a guy who confessed his love, which I awkwardly avoided saying anything about. This same guy said he'd get me to my flight, but at 30 till I thought we should go. Instead he convinced me to wait. We got there and there was a line. We took a number but all the numbers were off. We bought a ticket just as the plane left from a water dock. I was quite upset. I went to this absolutely tiny hotel room to pack. I started packing but got distracted by friends, then I said I really had to go, I'd already missed the flight once. They said they'd pack for me. I missed the flight again. At this point they said I'd have to wait until morning. I was very upset. I went back to this small room and began packing again. I packed all I could into two duffel bags. Now there were people coming into the hotel room. They were supposed to stay here, I was supposed to leave. It was people I used to know. A man and a woman. One was skyping M, an old friend of mine. I asked him if he could keep the hangers, I said they were expensive. Then I told them they could keep the roller blades too. Not my new ones, an old pair that I'm not sure I ever owned. Finally I went back to the plane station, and missed the flight AGAIN. At this point I decided it was better to sit there for hours than miss again. I was wondering how I'd get a hostel in Dublin when I hadn't booked. One of my friends suggested I take the bus to the next place the plane would stop. I was incredulous. How would a bus out travel a plane? But he was adamant. I went out onto a long dock and sat down to wait for the bus, but a flight attendant came and said that the bus had been canceled and the next flight was coming so all the people waiting for the bus went back to the plane area. We got on the plane, part cruiser, part sesna, and buckeled in. The seats were set up in circles, which is better than the "eat in" plane that was an option that involved messy meals, small pets, and children. Suddenly I wasn't in Korea, I was in Australia, and I wasn't going to Ireland, I was going to Korea, and I was going to be late. An 8 hour flight started at 6 in the morning will still result in not coming to work. Suddenly I was stressed out, I needed to call my work, tell them I'd be late. There was another girl beside me in the same situation. I figured I could use the in-flight phones and I hoped C wouldn't be too mad at me.
Dream over.
*sigh* if only I'd still been going to Ireland in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment