Sunday, February 26, 2012

Imagining a Good Future

I've really be struggling with seeing the future as positive, especially with the weight gain and that I believe I didn't get into the graduate program I applied for.

So, taking a cue from Glee (as loathe as I am to admit it), I'm going to set out some things I imagine, in a future 10 years from now. A happy future.

The world has not collapsed and I do not live in abject poverty. Instead I am happily married. He is nerdy and a little strange, maybe a little too thin, maybe a little to literal. He adores me because he can't understand why I love him so much and I adore him for much the same reason. He is kind and sweet, prone to many things but getting angry isn't one of them. He is interested in charity, in conservation, an active believer. He encourages me to be better than I am just by being around him. He is a good man.

I have children, at least two. And they run around our small house with youthful joy. We don't watch much tv and that is reflected in the innocence of our children. I adore my children. They are unique, and under my care.

My parents are still alive, and my mother still talks to me on the phone, and she visits to see the family, to love her grand kids the way she loves me.
Latest art piece. Just thought I'd show a success in the present.

I am a successful art therapist. I graduated with honors and I take joy in helping other people heal.

I am not obese and I am content with my imperfect body; the media has lost its hold on me. I do not work overtime. My debt is being quickly paid off.

I live in a place with sidewalks and street lamps and where it is often sunny.

I have a few friends who visit often, and who I visit. They laugh with me.

I believe I have completed what I need to do, I can claim reasonable use of my life. If I loose all I have than  I am okay because I had it and I will greet death like an old friend should he come for me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment