Monday, June 17, 2013

Secret of Me # 10

I have...

arguments,

animated arguments,

with myself

in my head.

Sometimes, it seems as though parts of my psyche are divergent entities all guiding me to act in a cohesive fashion. I'm not entirely sure it's sane, but I am sure it's good for me.

Here is are a few real examples. 
*me, working out, sweat dripping down my back*
other me: Woohoo! You go! You can do it! You rock! 
me: Hehehehehe. Why, thank you.

*me, opening web page that will suck up my time*
other me: Don't do it, don't do it!
Me: Gah! *closes out page...then opens it again*
other me: This a bad idea and you know it. How will you...
me: Shut up. I'm doing it. Shut up.

*me, after a mistake/bad choice*
other me: God, you suck. I mean, really? You knew this was going to happen. Idiot.
            me: That isn't helpful and isn't going to fix the problem. We're don't insult anymore, remember? It's not productive. We're being productive now.
other me; Fine fine. You don't suck.

Really, see, it's totally healthy. ;-)

You see, the key isn't to be sane; really, that's a pretty ridiculous goal; the key is to be functional and healthy. You can be abnormal without being dysfunctional. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment