Saturday, June 1, 2013

Secret of me # 8

I can read two things at once
I can listen to more than one conversation
I can think many things

But I cannot listen and read
Though to a degree I can read and write, or write and listen
I can think and listen 

But I cannot think and read

I can gear shift, but multitasking is sporadic

And rarely works when the two things are both using the same
center of my brain.

As a youth I often heard my father say how people with ADHD
could multitask 
so much better than the average person
and that they needed
music or tv or radio on to help them accomplish things

But I find I cannot filter noise at all
I need silence.

I do not multitask very well
though I am very easily distracted. 

So, I don't know if he is wrong, or my doctor was wrong
or if something like ADHD manifests much differently
in women than men.

What I do know, is trying to listen to music and study merely 
results
in me watching out the window
while I sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment