Saturday, January 7, 2012

A little this and a little that.

I'm going to start college again in two days. The school I told myself I'd never attend (don't tell them that). Well, I never thought I'd be back in Louisville either. I never ever thought I'd be going after a degree in Art Therapy.

I thought I was going to be a writer, because I had all these wonderful stories in my head.

I'm not saying I don't want to write now, I'm just a little more invested in making a difference rather than in telling my own stories. I can still write, and, who knows, now that I don't have to tell my own stories, maybe I can finish them. A kind of catharsis in the not needing to express it all. Yes, that makes complete sense.

I have also decided to post random pictures along with each post, which I hope will be many and often.



Classes begin Monday and I'll find out what class I'm teaching on Monday as well  (oh, yes, I was hired as an adult ESL teacher, my value in society has been restored, along with a new dose of guilt for needing a "good" job to feel valuable. I don't feel right if I don't feel guilty for something) .

It strikes me how different I am than I was nine years ago when I began college. I'm not all bright eyed and bushy tailed, not terrified of a new step, not scattered around like dust in the wind. Nope, not dusty, decidedly muddy now. I've got a bit of water in me, a bit of life and solidity. I'm going to be in class with freshmen. I'm teaching adults and I'm going to be in class with children.

Fun, fun.

This should be interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment