Wednesday, January 11, 2012

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Today started off well with a meeting to an advisor that had little bearing on what I'm presently doing. I only realized later that I needed to print off a sheet of paper to give me financial aid. However, I got my FAFSA corrected, so I'm one step closer.

Developmental psychology was interesting, and I should be officially in the class soon. I'm eager to participate in the service learning projects and see what this whole thing is like. I also met two students who are in class with me.

I spent some time at the BCM and my brother was there, unexpectedly. It would be nice if he wasn't irritated by most of what comes out of my mouth. He was probably in an especially unhumorous mood
because of being in a car accident earlier. I never cease to be amazed by the extending levels of poor drivers.

A quick salad and pasta for lunch. I only note this because the salad was delicious and I was ravenous, and the pasta was free and disgusting.

I attended 3-D art but the student who was not there Monday did show up today. I was allowed to stay in the class and worked on drawing until I ran out of ideas. After that I just watched how people worked with the clay and developed their creative ideas. It was fun to see the different ideas and different processes. I'm really mournful over not being able to participate in the class and have asked the professor to keep me abreast if someone drops out.

After that it was back home where I worked on my art portfolio until the evening. It is completed and on a CD. I will turn it in tomorrow. Cut that deadline really close, I did. The pictures could have been better, the photos of the pictures could have been better, but as it turned out our streak of sunny days ended today with rain all day long and a gloomy gray sky.

This picture almost made it into the portfolio, but not quite.

When I finished I went by the art store hoping they would still be open, but they weren't so I stopped by the Organic store next door to grab lunch for tomorrow. I am hoping that some organic food will stop the constant ache in my body. While I was there I had a lengthy conversation with the cashier, who is apparently a glass artist, who gave me his number.

A guy, gave me his number, and said we should collaborate, or anything. He said 'or anything." This has never happened to me and as I look a mess I'm not sure what to think. I thought he was delightful, but...this has never happened to me before. I didn't realize people actually gave their numbers out to complete strangers. And I looked a hot mess, acne on my face, no makeup, frizzy hair, a sweater and a scarf and a puffy coat, and crocs on my feet (I went out expecting no one to notice me, someone did, how odd). I feel a bit as if life is imitating art right now.

I missed the local artist's meeting (which is too bad because I'm supposed to start teaching ESL next week and likely won't be at the meetings for a while, unless I come very late and strait from work...good idea), because I was talking with the guy. I also didn't make it to the other art store before it closed. I guess I won't have all my supplies tomorrow morning. Ah, well.
What a day.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow, but I have a lovely morning class and I will turn in the last of my graduate packet. Then it will be up to God and the department head.

Tomorrow I hope to get the rest of my art supplies, the financial aid stuff processed, and my laundry done.

No comments:

Post a Comment